PT PLN Enjiniring has awarded the contract to AETS Indo Pacific for consultancy service for Technical Assistance Due Diligence assessment of PLTU Raha (2×3 MW), PLTU Talaud (2×3 MW), PLTU Wangi-Wangi (2×3 MW), PLTU Kendari Ekspansi (1×10 MW), and PLTU Bau-Bau (2×10 MW).
All the power plants are located in Sulawesi Island, Indonesia.
The purpose of the Due Diligence assessment was to re-actualize the conditions of the projects with regard to present status of construction, the inventory of delivered equipment and materials, the status of all equipment and materials as usable, damage, repairable, refurbish-able and replaceable; and to evaluate the costs necessary to complete the projects until Commercial Operation Date (COD), with the corresponding actualized schedule of construction.
AETS Indo Pacific team undertook a due diligence study of cost to completion and completion schedule carried out the following work:
- Site Visit for:
a. Identifying readiness of storage, warehousing and lay down areas for completion of project.
b. Conducting visual assessment of material on site and classify them into three types namely usable, repairable, replaceable and recommend repair method.
- Reviewed EPC contract for assessing the technical and commercial provisions of contract, such as scope of work, key construction and design criteria, pricing, schedule, liquidated damages, performance testing and acceptance criteria, warranties, force majeure events.
- Reviewed the construction schedule and identifying potential cause of delays. Providing revised schedule based on the conditions of the site, inventory status.
- Reviewed the capital cost spent and estimate the cost to completion.
- Constructing and Engineering design status review i.e. compares actual cost spent and status versus planned status of the project based on progress reports.
- Developed recommendations and observations for completion of the project based on the Technical Assessment review.